My Advenures Toward Teaching!

Monday, October 22, 2007

I wish I were a boy when...

...I first started playing soccer. I started playing soccer when I was in fourth grade, the only thing was that my school didn't have the sport. So, I had to go to one of the next towns over in order to play, which I loved because it was completely different surroundings and people than I'd known before. The only thing that was bothersome was the fact that at my own school, I was the only girl to be interested in playing soccer. Not many people in general were interested in the sport, but the few who were ended up being boys. I was constantly made fun of for being the only girl at my school playing soccer, even though I played on a girls team! It didn't matter though...until one day I convinced some of my girl friends to go practice with me one day. They ended up loving it! Before they came to my practice all I wished was that I could play on the boys team and not have any worries with it, but it got so much better when I got others interested. By the time I was in high school I'd gotten enough girls interested to start a soccer club, which consisted of all girls because the boys weren't interested anymore. By that point, I didn't wish I was a boy that was interested in soccer anymore. At first I felt that way because I thought that it would have been easier to handle, but I soon found out that girls were tougher than boys when my girls team scrimmaged the boys and won 5-0. A turning point in life, boys make fun of girls only because we're better and stronger!

Just Kidding! I don't completely believe that...

1 comment:

Matt Mileski said...

I seem fixated on the phrase "completely believe...." Care to elaborate?