My Advenures Toward Teaching!

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Chapter 14

I felt that this chapter was very important because it discussed what all of us are thinking, that multi-genre writing is something that needs to be incorporated into the classroom. I'm sure that many of us have hardly ever experienced such a style in writing, at least not until college. I believe that is not only because it is not introduced to the students in high school, but because teachers aren't really comfortable with it either. As a creative writer myself, I feel that it is much more important to begin a focus on multi-genre writing in order to help encourage the creative writers constantly being shut down by high standards of formality. Multi-genre works gives a writer the chance to be creative and use what they really know to do so. This chapter was very significant reading because of all the reasons stated above, and because as developing teachers ourselves, we must learn to allow that creativity in our students and in ourselves.

No comments: